If you’re getting tired of making the same old dyed Easter eggs, give these easy Mod Podge eggs a try. I guarantee you’ve got some old cocktail napkins stuffed in a kitchen drawer somewhere. Find one with a pretty spring pattern and you’re all set to craft!
- patterned paper napkin
- plastic Easter egg
- Mod Podge
- cut or tear the napkin into thin strips, roughly 3″ x 1/2″
- paint a section of the egg with Mod Podge; it’s easier to handle if you work in sections rather than painting the whole egg
- start laying the strips on the egg
- don’t worry about the gaps, you can cover them with little strips at the end
- continue painting on the Mod Podge and adding strips until the whole egg is covered
- add little bits of napkin wherever the egg shows through
- cover the entire egg with Mod Podge
- let dry
And that’s it! How cute are those?!
Make a bunch and use them as a centerpiece, hostess gift or add them to a spring wreath.
Send me pics of your creations!