In the true spirit of “thoughts and whimsy,” here’s my silly Ode to Spring
Oh spring….why can’t you stay around longer?
It’s hard not to love you.
Even though you bring us some rain,
a bit of mud and a few chilly mornings,
you rarely blanket us with numbing snow
or cover us with stifling heat.
blooming trees and warm breezes.
Please stay, spring.
The summer heat makes me grumpy,
fall makes me sad,
and winter is just plain annoying.
Now let’s get crafting!
For these easy, springy flowers, all you need is paper, scissors and glue.
- for the center of the flower, cut the paper to 1/4″ x 11″
- for the petals, cut the paper to 2″ x 11″
- draw a guide line on the larger paper at 1/4″ down from the edge
- fringe the paper by cutting up to the guide line
- glue the two pieces of paper together, overlapping about 1″
- roll the paper, starting with the smaller end
- continue rolling until you reach the end of both pieces
- secure the end with glue
- fold back the fringe to reveal the center of the flower
- you can move the petals around, trim or fold them if you want
And you’re done—now you have a little bit of spring to decorate your home, embellish a gift or use at a bridal shower! Have fun and get creative, add a stem, make a garland, hang them in a window.
Please send me pics of your flowers!