These paper hearts definitely pass my ‘easy yet adorable’ test. I must admit that I broke down and bought a heart punch. Walking through Michael’s with my Christmas gift card (thanks Annie!), I just couldn’t resist. The punch is a real time-saver and I know I’ll use it constantly….especially in February! 💕
All you need for this project is paper, glue and twine.
- Cut out or punch 6 hearts.
- Fold the hearts in half.
- Glue half of one heart to half of another heart.
- Continue to glue all the heart halves to each other.
- If you plan to hang the ornaments on a garland, don’t seal up the last heart yet.
- Put a strip of glue along the inside of the hearts and insert the twine down the middle.
- Glue the 2 remaining heart halves together.
And that’s it….you’re done!
- Make a bunch of these in coordinating paper.
- For a baby shower, use lots of pastels and ribbon instead of twine.
- For a wedding shower, use the bride’s colors along with silver or gold hearts.
- It also looks cute if you use 2 different types of paper in the same ornament.
- Get Creative!!