Whoever said you must give “real” flowers to your Valentine? These handmade paper flowers are even more special because they are made from the heart 💕! Make a dozen or two, wrap them in tissue paper and tie them up with ribbon….you’ve got yourself a beautiful gift!
- paper circles–approximately 4″-6″ diameter
- glue gun
- pipe cleaners and floral tape
- Draw a spiral on the circles
- Cut out the spiral along your pencil line, or you can simply cut a spiral free-hand—precision is not necessary since these flowers are very forgiving.
- Starting from the outside edge of the spiral, roll the paper until you get to the end. I roll the paper so that the design is on the inside of the flower but you can roll the paper in the other direction if you prefer.
- Before you glue, slowly let your flower unravel so that the spiral opens up a bit. Or if you prefer a tighter flower, you can leave it snug.
- Add glue to the end of the spiral so that it forms a small base for the flower. Press the spiral into the glue.
- Glue a pipe cleaner to the underside of the flower. You can then cover the pipe cleaner with green floral tape if you’d like.
And that’s it! I’m sure you can whip out a dozen in no time. Your Valentine will be so impressed! 🌺🌺🌺